Frequently Asked Question
How To: Set-up my Microsoft Office Outlook (Initial Set-up)
Last Updated 5 years ago
To set-up your Microsoft Office Outlook program, you will need your full email address (e.g., email@example.com) and your email password. These may be the same as your computer/network username and password. If you are unsure, please contact our office at (209) 790-4560, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply open a support ticket here and we'll contact you right away to assist you.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook
- The Auto Account Setup page will be displayed. Fill in your:
- Full Name (or name as you want it to be displayed on outgoing email messages)
- Your full email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Click Next.
- Outlook will connect to your mailbox and download the settings required to finish configuring your Outlook profile.
- A message box may appear asking to allow this website to configure (your email address) server settings. Check the Don't ask me about this website again checkbox, and click on Allow.
- A security box will open. Please enter your full email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and your email password. Check the Remember my Credentials checkbox and click OK.
- In a few minutes,the Auto Account Setup page will display Congratulations! Your email account is successfully configured and ready to use.Click on Finish. Your Outlook program will open and begin synchronizing with the mail server and download your email messages, contacts and calendar appointments.